OWASP chapter meetings are free and open to anyone interested in application security. We encourage members to give presentations on specific topics and to contribute to the local chapter by sharing their knowledge with others. Prior to participating with OWASP please review the Chapter Rules.
The Rochester chapter has two mailing lists: one for announcements and one for general discussion. The announce list is for official communications (e.g meeting announcements, web site updates, etc). The discussion list is for general participation and everyone is encouraged to post. The announce mailing list can be found here. The discussion mailing list can be found here. You can also review the announce and discussion e-mail archives to see what folks have been talking about. Please make sure you are subscribed to announce to receive any last minute meeting info.
Meeting Dates & Location
Dates: The third Monday of every month, starting at 6:00 PM.
Types of events: Formal meeting (featuring a presentation) in odd numbered months, informal event (open forum with beer and wings) in even numbered months
- Mykonos Software has been graciously providing meeting space for our formal meetings. Mykonos is located at 220 Kenneth Dr, Rochester, NY (entrance from Lehigh Station Rd or W Henrietta Rd), near 390 and Lehigh Station Road.
- Beer and wings at Mac Gregor's Grill & Tap Room, 300 Jefferson Rd, NY 14623 Google Maps
Meetings reminders are sent to the OWASP Rochester Announcement distribution list at least one week prior to a meeting.
If you or your organization is interested in donating meeting space please contact one of the local officers listed above. The space should be able to accommodate at least 15 people.
Please note that for informal meetings at Mac Gregor's, everybody needs to pay for their own food and drinks.
- January Meeting 2011 State of OWASP and the State of Web Application Security by Ralph Durkee PPT PDF
- August Meeting 2010 Man in the Middle Attacks: SSL Spoofing by Duane Peifer PPT PDF
- August Meeting 2010 Man in the Middle Attacks: SSL Spoofing by Ralph Durkee PPT PDF
- May Meeting 2010 New Techniques in Application Intrusion Detection by Al Huizenga PPTX PDF
- May Meeting 2010 Identity Federation and Claim-based Security by Andrea Cogliati PDF
- February Meeting 2010 DC AppSec Conference Recap by Ralph Durkee PPT
- October Hackerfest 2009 Introduction to OWASP Rochester by Ralph Durkee, Lou Leone PPT
- September OWASP 2009 Securing Apache Web Servers with Mod Security & CIS Benchmark by Ralph Durkee PPT Open Office
- May OWASP 2009 Key Management - One Perspective by Lou Leone PPT
- May IEEE 2009 Introduction to OWASP, presented by Ralph Durkee and Andrea Cogliati PPT
- January 2009 Paranoid Programming Practices, by Lou Leone and Aaron Witt PPT
- May 2008 Database Encryption, by Ralf Durkee PPT
- January 2008 SQL Injection and Dynamic SQL, by Andrea Cogliati ZIP
- September 2007 2007 OWASP Top 10 Most Critical Web Application Security Vulnerabilities, by Ralph Durkee PowerPoint
- October 2006 The first of the OWASP top ten: unvalidated input, by Steve Buck. PowerPoint
- April 2006 PGP: Encryption for e-mail and web applications, by Ralph Durkee PDF
- February 2006 Identity Theft, Phishing and Pharming, by Danny Allan PDF
- February 2006 Secure e-mail, by Thomas Bullinger PDF
- January 2006 PCI Compliance, by Pat Massey, Ralf Durkee, Maureen Baran PDF
- September 2005 Two Factor Authentication for Java Applications with Client Certificates, by Ralf Durkee PDF Open Office
- April 2005 Avoiding Backend Exploitation of Mail Forms, by Max Kessler PowerPoint Open Office
- March 2005 Bringing Two-Factor Authentication to Web Applications, by Michael Starks PowerPoint Open Office
- February 2005 Insecure Storage, by Chris Karr PowerPoint
- January 2005 Access Control and Session Mgmnt, by Steve Buck PowerPoint Open Office
- November 2004 Intro to OWASP by Ralf Durkee. Demonstration of SQL Injection attack and prevention, by Paul Cupo PowerPoint